Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010









It is always hard to be a way from home (Salt Lake City) on Memorial Day. It has been a tradition for years to decorate our ancestors graves with my Grandma Lacey and my Aunt Becky. I miss being so far away and not being apart of our annual tradition.

This year we were able to participate in our city's Memorial Day parade. It was amazing to see all the uniforms from many who served in wars past. Asher was able to wear a World War I uniform and Chaim was able to carry the flag from the great state of Utah down the parade route. There was an accident just prior to the parade starting. Our commander of the parade who was dressed as George Washington was injured while handling a horse and the horse landed on him. I saw many people rush to his side and circle around him as he was laying flat on his back unconscious. It was a scary scene to see a horse loose control and a man down on the ground receiving medical treatment. I saw men in uniform rush to his side and circle around him with a prayer. As I saw many people in various uniforms trying to treat the injuries, I could only picture in my mind what happens in the battlefields around the world everyday to save the lives of their fellow soldiers. I saw men and women today in uniform rushing to a side of a friend. I am so grateful for the service and sacrifice of those men and women who gave their lives on behalf of our freedom.













1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

Great post... and the boys look great! It sounds like you had a wonderful Memorial Day... we missed you!